Saturday, April 19, 2008

Signs of spring

Women's toes....(ladies, casual Friday should not allow me to see your feet via open-toed shoes!)

Motorcycles out and about (I'm cool with the freedom, but hate the noise....hey, how about a hybrid bike? That would get like 500 miles to the gallon, no? And a silent electric motor would be amusing.)

Dogs left out at night (again, HATE the noise....)

Allergies -- a new reason to sneeze, instead of a winter cold, I suppose (pollen....I can't wait!)

More kids playing b-ball at the park while I drive home

Female pedestrians showing off their shoulders....usually for the better.

Calves on farmland out with their moms learning to graze

No more shoveling to get to the grill on our deck

And the one time of year where the grass grows before the crabgrass takes over, so the lawn looks nice-ish

----------

A little side note on my "#5" thing. At an old job, my dad's company was a client. And so I was in charge of writing our year end letter to review the company retirement plan. I accidentally left two number 5s on the itemized list of about 15 things to go over. Nobody really noticed, except me, when I went to write the following year's review letter -- we'd often use the prior year's report as a template and make changes as appropriate. So the following year, I had for point number 5, "There is no number five this year." Obviously the kind of thing you can get away with only if you have it in good with the client. And so they ended up with one number five per year, on average.

8 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Yes, Spring is here...oh no wait...it dropped to the upper 20's the other day...this is South Carolina, it isn't supposed to do that. I love Steven Wright as I love that deadpan humor...or British humor, really. David sent me. I enjoyed my visit.

Akelamalu said...

Ah that explains it!

Great interview - I came via David. :)

mrsnesbitt said...

Heyyyy! i came via David too,,,,,,,,,,,,
would the kettle on, if we ever ventured out to Oxford on the motorbike(we would tell it to be quiet!) I have friends who studied at St Edmunds Hall.


Nice to meet you, to meet you nice!
Dx

~**Dawn**~ said...

What about cute well-pedicured toes??

Mega said...

Dawn was referencing my toes.

What about occupied beer gardens?

Suldog said...

Any parts of the female anatomy that come out after having been in hibernation are OK by me.

The hybrid bike idea is genius.

mrsnesbitt said...

OOps....Oxford in US!
(Blushes)

Stacey Olson said...

Got at thing about toes do you... you said it so now people will fixate on it.. lol thanks for sharing