Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The weekend....

So let's see.....I got to watch most of the Notre Dame-Georgia Tech game Saturday night....good to see football, and of course, the rare close college football game is always exciting. And of course, the men (NFL) start Thursday, so that's awesome. Erika's going to match wits with me in the football pool. Should be interesting. Dare I be brave and simply take the "anti-Erika" so that if she gets 5 right, I get 11 right automatically? Or am I really just asking for it like that

What else....we adjusted the height of the deck to level it out. Guess some years of settling made it uneven on one side. Always fun to shop at Home Depot.....that's a lie. I had to cut off an old lady trying to jump the line to talk to the guy running the saw, only to find out I had to exit the building, go find the piles of 4 x 4's, and then walk one back in the store to the back where the saw was. The associate was, needless to say, long gone.

The girls were over Saturday night (yay!) and they helped paint the tombstones for our Halloween party / wedding reception. Lindsey even went in the pool, which has so many leaves and not so many days left to be open. (Sept. 14 is the scheduled closing for the year.....not sure I got the about $1300 we spent's worth out of it, but it was cool to have for the girls' sake!)

No comments: