Friday, June 22, 2007

Late at work on a Friday.

So Carlos Zambrano is pitching to AJ Pierzynski....
Think they're discussing their mutual hatred for Michael Barrett?

I missed a pitch in the all-star game last night. The left fielder was 100 feet off the line and I tried to aim my swing. After that debacle of an at bat (grounder back to the mound), I got 2 singles and a triple, so not too bad. Everything was just "off" a bit for me, though. I slipped on a throw to the plate, and because of that it had to be cut off by the pitcher, whose relay was *just* late. Also had trouble on a deep ball over my head, it landed just off my glove because of the bad angle I took. But I made up for THAT mistake with a nice sliding catch. Our team won, 12-8.

Coors light and its friends are now referred to as "supermarket beer" in my lexicon. Always good to have even a cheap beer at work on a Friday, though :)

It's finally quiet around here. But one other person's here, so I can't blast the audio. So I'll keep a White Sox - Cubs game on instead of iTunes.

The boss is on vacation next week. Insert your own commentary here, I suppose.

My daughters are at their grandparents' house on Cape Cod for the week. So I'll be sleeping late the next couple of days.

5 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Sleeping late? You should be in training for the team!

~**Dawn**~ said...

So that sliding catch. Was that more of a Coco style? Or Manny?

Brian in Oxford said...

Manny-style (feet first).

Jenny! said...

Good job! I have open bar Fridays at my work...it's sweet!

Jenny! said...

Did you watch the Cubs game last night...I did and I have to say it was really fun! I love when there are fans on the field!