Friday, October 13, 2006

Bobbing for garters

I thought this would be a good idea as a wedding reception / Halloween party game. I suppose the whole idea of random people all dipping their heads in water to eat the same apple is a bit passe with germophobes taking over the world....and getting a bunch of garters wet would probably ruin them...and getting them chewed on seems gross, too. So anyway, we'll put them in a dry black caldron and let people reach in for them, like The Price Is Right's "3 Strikes" game, I suppose.

Should be some good baseball to watch this weekend. No Red Sox, but no Yankees either. I can actually just watch impartially without begging for wins or losses one way or the other.

I plan to buy Moneyball this weekend in paperback, see if it's as good as advertised, in anticipation of Dan Shanoff's Varisty Letters series in NYC next month. All my reading seems to come in the form of magazines. I got my first SI last week, hadn't gotten that since the 80's. It seems skinnier than it used to. Between that, ESPN the Mag, and Entertainment Weekly, I sorta keep up my "cultural literacy" as needed. Another good read is the Ideas section of the Sunday Boston Globe. (Or is it Boston Sunday Globe, I'm not sure.....)

No comments: