Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Clothes for the wedding

Okay, so there's a Men's Wearhouse a few miles down Route 1 from here, and that's who I've taken on to outfit me for the wedding later this month.

First trip down....shirt and tie. But I need to take the shirt home to make sure the color is right for the family room decor (which also matches the trim on the girls' flower-girl dresses).

Second trip....okay, the shirt and tie go, now I need pants and a sportscoat. Manager recommends some nice wool pants, so I get measured for them, and the salesman reminds me I may need shoes to go with them, since my work shoes are the wrong color and a bit scuffy and worn. I don't get the jacket yet, thinking I may have one at home that'll go, and I need to verify my belt selection at home.

Third trip (later today).....I don't have the right color belt at home, and I do need to get the sportscoat after all.

Fourth trip (next week)....pants should be all hemmed up and ready to pick up.

On the bright side....I should look *gooood* on the 28th! As long as I can get the creases out of the shirt!

No comments: