Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fantasy baseball

I don't mind letting anyone from my fantasy baseball league (Dan Shan Fan) on yahoo know that I'm a fantasy virgin. Talk about feelin' the peer pressure! Well, we'll see how I do. If nothing else, I'll pay even more attention to the articles on ESPN. The best blog is Buster Olney, but I like reading Jayson Stark's stuff most of all, since he goes for the Useless Info.

I have no overwhelming interest in fantasy football. Fantasy baseball at least seems like it can auto-pilot itself, except for keeping an eye on starting pitchers, if we're doing a head-to-head where we want 2 starts out of a guy in a certain week.

And besides, there's no cash riding. Of course, that would increase my devotion to knowledge. Like when I win March Madness and Football spread pools.

One game that always seemed cool was MLB.com's "beat the streak", where you have to pick a guy every day, and string together a hitting streak that way, with different players. I'd like to see something similar involving an ERRORLESS streak. Pick a guy NOT to make an error that day. Imagine getting screwed over in a game like that!

1 comment:

Mega said...

I cannot stress enough to draft infield, infield, infield high. The pitching and outfield should take care of itself. Also, if you're counting saves, ensure to get at least 2 decent closers.

I may start another fantasy baseball league for the other bloggers if you want to join 2.