Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Being King for a Day should get you the best HMO in the kingdom

Now we're talking....

4 for 4, 3 runs scored....including sprinting home from 3rd on a sac fly to win, 8-7. All singles to right, except for the one in the ninth, which was an infield hit up the middle to beat the throw from second base. (A guy named Frank I know from pick-up hoops....I'd forgotten his name, called him Larry earlier in the game....realized it later, apologized and he said "I'm Italian, do I *look* like a Larry?" good-naturedly.)

So the slide into home, along with an earlier slide in the game, gave me 2 big strawberries on my shin and back upper thigh (okay, butt). Erika had bought for me for Christmas (stocking stuffer) some antiseptic wash and spray-on bandage. (Apparently it's aerosol krazy glue, practically.) Well, on my Thursday night game, she lent it to a guy on my co-ed team who scraped up his knee. That's all well and good, but she didn't put it back where she found it. She had dug through my sporting-goods store of a car trunk to find them, and decided to put them back in the car's first aid kit. A place I've never ventured. So it took until the next morning to really get them tended to, although I did fill the entire shower floor with dirt cleaning those wounds off later that night.

Saturday was my family's annual cookout/campout at my uncle's house. We were the only ones to camp out, most everyone else went home. We had hot dogs (with crunchy peanut butter on Erika's and mine -- her secret topping of choice) and we also went to a nearby petting zoo in the back forest of Chaplin, CT. There were 4 of us in a small tent, because I didn't realize the box with the other tent did not contain that other tent. Combine that with a slow leak in the air mattress....ahhhh. I did get to try my new phone in the morning to check on how the Red Sox did, though. That was cool. My uncle made us pancakes the next morning. Here's a link to my aunt's studio:

As for the rest of the weekend....lots of spring cleaning.

1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

peanut butter on a hot dog? i can safely say that is not a condiment i have ever heard of before!