Saturday, May 12, 2007

timber!

So my big task of the day was to chop down a dead tree between our front yard and the road. It took a couple of hours to disconnect the tree from the oriental bittersweet (which killed it) and the poison ivy (which has climbed up the trees where Erika killed the bittersweet!).

I'll know in a few days how much poison ivy I got. Dad doesn't get it, but Mom sure does. Guess which gene I got. Actually, mine's never as bad as Erika's. She takes prednisone for a couple of weeks when she gets it. A few years ago my tattooed ankle got it. The blue and green turned orange with poison ivy goo....but eventually healed itself just fine.

Red Sox won today! Schilling couldn't handle the long breaks between Steve "human rain delay 2?" Trachsel's laboring on the mound....kept giving back the leads the offense worked for. Finally the bullpen shut down the O's, and the Sox got lots of runs late.

The coolest part of chopping down the tree HAD to be swinging an ax. One day I'll venture to try Erika's mom's chainsaw in our garage.

I had a really cool idea to mention in my blog today, but I forgot what it is. Crap!

No comments: